As part of a shared goal to foster learning and development of early career psychiatrists, the WPA is delighted to offer fellowships to eligible professionals which include:
1. Registration fees
2. 3-nights of accommodation (to cost up to $120 per night).
3. Travel grant (economy class only) as follows: International – up to $850, Asia – up to $500 and Local (Thailand) – up to $110
4. The candidate must be a member or trainee affiliate or equivalent of a WPA Member Society
5. Be in post graduate training for psychiatry or have completed specialist training less than 5 years ago
6. Be fluent in English
7. Have a superior educational and professional record
Application Documents Required:
1. A Letter of recommendation from the head of the department in which she/he works, or from the president of the member society or from the WPA Section Chair; the letter should also confirm that the applicant is a trainee in psychiatry or a psychiatrist having completed specialist training less than 5 years ago.
2. .A curriculum vitae (Resume)
3. A letter of motivation
Valid nominations will be assessed systematically by a panel of peers and senior psychiatrists appointed by the Congress Scientific Committee. No more than 3 fellowships will be awarded to applicants residing in any one country. Half the fellowships will be awarded to women and half to men applicants. Application deadline: 6 April 2020
For more information please visit: https://wcp-congress.com/fellowships/